2013 Wednesday Hodgepodge #1
Apparently the Hodgepodge went on without me last week. Oh well; life goes on, right?
Here are the questions for this week:
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
I really need to go through the bins that are in the basement. When we moved from SC, we put everything in bins (totes) instead of boxes. I need to look through all of them and see what can be thrown out. I have no idea if/when that will happen. Maybe (fingers crossed!) if we have a few snow days in a row and I get bored it may happen, but don't hold your breath!
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
Since the only uniform I've ever had to wear is an apron I wore when I was a cashier for a grocery store, right after CH & I got married. I did have to wear a red shirt with khakis when I worked at Target, but that wasn't bad.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy ofBetty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
I don't know if you'd actually call this a 'mishap', but my hand mixer bit the dust the other day. One of the beaters must've bent, because now they make an awful sound and get stuck.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
I try to just stay away from them. I've found that's the best thing for me to do.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I have a lot of traits from my daddy's side of the family; probably more from his side than my mom's. But, I don't really think I look a whole lot like either of them, or maybe a combination of the two. You tell me:
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
I've never taken a bath in our bathtub in our current house. So, no, I didn't celebrate it.
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), VeniceCarnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I would probably be most likely to go to Mardi Gras, just because it's closer than the others. I'd like to give Quebec or Venice a go, though!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did anybody watch the National Championship Game on Monday? Why in the world do they have that game on a Monday night? I was really glad it was a blow-out...I had stayed up on Sunday to watch "Downton Abbey", so I was pretty tired. I ended up going to bed at halftime, but even that was around 10:30. I figured it wasn't going to be much of a game: Notre Dame just hadn't played anybody of any substance, which would explain why their defense (and offense) wasn't effective against Bama.
I watched "The Bachelor" yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. I was embarrassed for some of those girls. I won't even call them "young ladies" or "young women", because some of them acted more like girls. So now I have to keep watching to see who he ends up with.