1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
I'm pretty much a home-body. We don't "do" events!
2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
Carla Hall. And LandShark Beer. And Angry Orchard Hard Cider with a splash of Fireball. And "The Taste". And snow/ice days. :)
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
There was a place in the town we lived in SC that had the BEST wings ever. They were just amazing. There is a place not too far from us now that has pretty good wings. Not as good as "Wing King", but almost.
Garlic wings are the BOMB.
4. As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I'm pretty tired of the whole Lance Armstrong thing. There are other more important things going on in the world.
5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
I can't think of one right now.
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
Oh, NO!!! (she says dripping with sarcasm!) Being from a family of 10 kids, you have to be competitive. You don't survive if you're not. (Okay, that may be a little melodramatic!) I think I've "reined" my competitiveness in a little as I've gotten older, but it's still there.
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
Tennis. I LOVED playing tennis, unfortunately my knees and my body couldn't handle it any longer. I played what I call "Old Lady Tennis" in SC before we moved, and then played for a few years after we moved. I had to stop because I started getting heat headaches. It's pretty weird, because I never got them in SC where it's hotter than here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of Carla Hall: Look what I got in the mail from my SIL for Christmas:
I promptly tweeted the picture, and got this:
OH.MY.GOSH!!! Oh, YES.SHE.DID!!! I may have that framed!
I checked FB on my phone, and these 2 status updates showed up:
The top status is from a friend, and CH's status is just below it. Pretty funny!