1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.
Last Wednesday was one of my sisters' spring break, so she came down and spent the night with my parents. We met another sister and a sister-in-law for trivia at a Mexican Grill. I'd love to share a picture, but someone hasn't emailed it to me. Just like she didn't send me the pictures from a flute choir performance that she went to.
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?
Ha, ha, ha! Do I have siblings? Yeah, I have a few. (9 to be exact) See how many girls there are? That is the reason I don't have friends...I have sisters!
One Friday the 13th, my oldest sister was going to have a party, and for some reason my sister that's 18 months older than I and myself went downstairs to clean up for her. We were always just a little scared to be downstairs by ourselves, so when my sister had to go to the bathroom, I went with her. She pushed the door open (to make sure nobody was hiding), only the door didn't go back all the way. She ran upstairs screaming, and I ran into the rec room screaming, and held the door closed. (Like that was going to keep somebody out!) My oldest sister came out of the bathroom pulling up her pants (my parents weren't home), and called my next door neighbor. He came over with a shotgun, only to find one of my sister's shoes keeping the door from opening all the way.
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.
I buy American as often as I can. For household cleaning products, I make sure I look at where the product was made, and it definitely weighs into whether or not I buy it. For example: I buy Snuggle over Downy because Snuggle is made in the USA...Downy isn't.
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
"Rome Sweet Home", by Scott Hahn. Dr. Hahn was in the seminary to become a minister, and his wife was the daughter of a minister. He wrote a paper on how wrong the Catholic Church is, but ended up finding a biblical basis for our beliefs and ended up converting to Catholicism. It's a very powerful book. I had the honor of listening to him speak a few years ago.
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?
Rainy spring days are pretty calming, as long as it's just raining and not storming. I have no idea when I was "caught" in a rainstorm. Tulips, jonquils, hyacinths are all blooming right now. The dogwoods haven't started blooming yet, though.
6. What's your favorite yellow food?
Bananas. But they don't like me too much. My second favorite would be squash.
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?
I don't have one. I can't even think of a poem off the top of my head!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I posted this video on Monday, but thought it deserved another go round. I took this when we were at the dog park Saturday morning. Listen to this dog's bark...it's really more like a warble, but it is HILARIOUS. The woman's reaction is pretty funny, too.