1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
Working. It'll just be a regular ol' Wednesday to me.
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
To trust my boys and not get all worked up.
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
I decided to get up and recite a rosary every morning instead of getting on the laptop and reading e-mails, fb, etc. I started on Monday...so far, so good!
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
Halloween weekend. YS & I went to a party at one of his friend's house that his parents were having. It was a chilly night, and they had a fire going.
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
I don't think I've ever ordered surf & turf...it just seems like too much food for me.
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?
Gosh, there have been some good programs in the past. I would say MASH. I asked CH, and the ones he said had all run its course. They had gotten a little weird and it was time for them to go.
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
I'm not doing too badly at the moment. Using the strategy of writing things down seems to help!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our TLC was wonderful today! Beef stew (with the meat marinated in red wine), homemade bread, and Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie. A friend suggested the Brownie for dessert, and it was sooo easy! Of course, I did cheat and used already made cookie dough and brownie mix, but it was delicious! Here's how I made it:
Get a roll of cookie dough and press it on the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 pan.
Layer oreos over the dough. Don't crush, just put them on the dough. (I didn't even use oreos; I used the Food Lion brand which we like just as well as real oreos.)
Mix the brownie mix as directed on the box. Then, spread that over the oreos.
Put in preheated 350 degree oven. Check after 30 minutes. If toothpick doesn't come out clean, continue baking in 5 minute increments until it comes out clean.
This was amazing by itself, but if you served it warm with some vanilla ice cream, you'd have to slap your grandma! :)