It's Wednesday, so it's time for another:
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
If you're young and skinny, go for it. If you're not...fashion faux pas! So, no, I don't have any in my closet.
2. What is your favorite pizza?
I love pizza with mushrooms on it. It could be cheese & mushroom, pepperoni & mushroom...it doesn't matter as long as there are no anchovies!
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
How about Jethro from NCIS? Can't have him? What about the car that he drives...or his coffee cup...or anything!
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
I don't know that this area is famous for this, but this is a well known place in town:
Photo taken by Justin H. of Melrose, Ma.
It's not really a restaurant, but more of a go in, get your fresh donuts, and leave kind of place. It's called "Richy Kreme" and it's been around for over 60 years. They bake fresh donuts several times during the day. The only other donut I've had that beats it is Thomas' Donuts in Laguna Beach, Fl.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
Seriously, I can't choose "none"? What about "The Amazing Race?" I can't dance, I am overweight but not heavy enough to be on the Biggest Loser, and my idea of roughing it is staying at a hotel without cable. I think I could do Amazing Race...travel around the world...yeah, I could do it!
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
Good thing you asked this week! I would say a 7.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
The dogwoods are blooming and we can sleep with the windows open.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
This story about a boy who was at home alone. He called his mom and told him that he had a troll in his closet. Mom said she'd be home in a couple of hours. When she got home, there was a trunk against the closet; when she opened it, she found a US Census Worker. Turns out it's an urban myth, but I sure did laugh!
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
Making it to May 21....last day of school
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
This is on a wall at Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen, Denmark:
"By the choices we make, by the attitude we exhibit, we are influencing lives every day in positive or negative ways...our family, our peers, our friends, and even strangers we've never met before and will never meet again." (unknown)
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
I'm a parent, and I'm suppose to find something that makes my kids happy? How about leaving them alone?
I just asked my 15 year old (who is not happy with me right now) to tell me something that I do that makes him happy...he said nothing and went downstairs. Does that tell you anything?
Want to join in the fun? Click on the Random Dozen button above to visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. She's quite creative with her questions every week: I don't know how she does it!